We are here to help you use PharmaGuide like a pro
We make it easy to find alternatives for an existing or discontinued product.
You will find the search banner for Alternative products at the end of the prescribing information.
There are three different features provided within the app to find alternative products:
- Search Alternative Product having SAME Content.
- Search Alternative Product having SAME Drug Category.
- Search Alternative Product having SAME Therapeutic Category.
For example, if I am searching for an Alternative for Amaryl:
- Tap the content name to find other products having SAME Content. Tap Glimepiride to find other products containing Glimepiride.
- Tap the drug category to find other products having SAME Drug Category. Tap Sulphonylurea to find other products containing Sulphonylurea.
- Tap the Therapeutic Category to find other products having SAME Therapeutic Category. Tap Hypoglycemics to find other Hypoglycemics.
Instantly learn if any two drugs can be used in conjunction by using the Drug Interaction Checker in the PharmaGuide App.
Step 1: Within the app, tap on “CHECKER” or swipe left to go to Drug Interaction Checker.
Step 2: Check Interaction by Brand or by Generic in your country.
Searching by Brand: Search for the brand name of the product (i.e. Panadol).
Searching by Generic: Search by the specific ingredient that you may be looking for (i.e. Sulphonylurea).
Step 3: If the window populates, it will provide you with risk level. If the search comes back empty, then the drugs are safe to have in conjunction.
The PharmaGuide Mobile App data cannot be simultaneously used on more than one device. Moreover, the 14-digit subscription code provided can only be used once. If the 14-digit subscription code is used on more than one device at the same time, it will automatically get blocked.
By purchasing the yearly subscription, you will get access to all the data. You will be provided with a 14-digit subscription code which can be used once. Enjoy your free monthly updates once you are subscribed. Purchase your 14-digit code here.
For Android devices:
- Open PharmaGuide Mobile App that you have already installed with sample data on your Android phone.
2. Tap the Menu icon on the top left.
3. Now tap ‘Subscribe to Data’ and follow the directions as they appear on the screen.
For iPhone devices:
- Open a web browser (e.g. Safari) and go to https://www.epharmaguide.com/Mobile/Subscribe.
- Fill in the subscription form with your correct details.
- Open PharmaGuide Mobile App that you have already installed with sample data on your iPhone.
- Tap the Menu icon on the top left.
- Now tap ‘Update.’ Complete data will begin to download.
Get access to the complete data only by becoming a subscribed user. The process involves purchasing a 14-digit subscription code annually. The data will be available to you from the day of purchase and will automatically get updated every month for free. Purchase your 14-digit code here.
It is likely that your subscription period has expired. We would recommend double-checking the expiry on your subscription and purchasing a new one if it has expired.
You can purchase the subscription on our website, or you can call us at +92-21-32710444 and email us at email@example.com.
All devices meeting the following are supported by the PharmaGuide Mobile app:
- Your Android phone is running Android OS version 4.0.3 or later.
- Your iPhone is running iOS 7 or later.
- Your phone is able to receive SMS during the verification process.
Tap on the “Menu” icon in the app on the top left of the screen, there you will be able to see your expiry date.
Tap on the “Menu” icon in the app on the top left of the screen, there you will be able to see the date the app was last updated.
No, you are not required to have an active internet connection to use the PharmaGuide Mobile App. The application is designed to work online and offline.
The PharmaGuide Mobile App will automatically update once a month if you have an active internet connection. You can also update the app manually by going to the “Menu” and taping the “Update” button.
Yes, one prepaid 14-digit subscription code enables you to download data for all six GCC countries (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE). The data for all countries will get updated monthly as well as will be available for offline use.
In the PharmaGuide Mobile App, tap the “Menu” icon on the top left of the screen. Click “Select Country” and choose from the options provided in the dropdown. You are able to switch between countries as many times as you like.
If you want to view data from other countries, you can do so by changing the country under the “Menu” icon on the top left of the screen. Once the country is changed, the app will only showcase data and products from the selected country. You are able to switch from country to country as many times as you like.
Respective country names appear at the top of the screen (e.g. GCC Edition UAE or GCC Edition Saudi Arabia).
You will have to reset your application by connecting to the internet, tapping on the “Menu” icon and then clicking on “Reset Application”. Once done, the next step is to log back in using your mobile number. If the error still persists, contact us at +92-21-32710444 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No, you will not have to purchase a new subscription code. Once you have the app downloaded on the new phone, fill out the subscription form with the correct details. After the verification process is complete, you can continue using your previously purchased 14-digit subscription code. If you experience any problems, contact us at +92-21-32710444 or email us at email@example.com.
It can mean any of the following:
– You have entered an incorrect phone number. Ensure that you are adding the “+” sign and country code before your number (e.g. +92 3341234567).
– You are not connected to the Internet. Although an offline application, you must be connected to the internet to set up the app and subscription code.
– Your SIM Number and the device you are downloading the PharmaGuide Mobile App on do not match. Ensure that you are downloading the app on the same device which has the SIM number provided for subscription.
– You have changed the default SMS app settings on your phone. It may be possible that you have denied PharmaGuide Mobile App the permission to read SMS.
Within the PharmaGuide Mobile App, tap the “Menu” icon on the top left of the screen. Click on “Change cell phone number” and follow the directions as they appear on the screen. This will reset the application and will enable you to login with your new cell phone number.
Note: Ensure that the new device has the new SIM inserted before using the PharmaGuide Mobile App.